Hoard, a downloadable action game from Big Sandwich Games becomes available today on Steam for both the PC and Mac for $9.99. In Hoard, a dragon plays the hero role who gets to pursue every day regular dragon activities like kidnapping princesses, burning villages, collecting treasures and toasting knights over fire pits although we assume the dragon doesn’t need lighter fluid. Hoard offers both single and multi-player co-op and competitive game play. Mr Harold Balls, owner and operator of the famous in his own mind game news and information site HarryBalls.com, recently interviewed the Dragon, star of Hoard from Big Sandwich Games.
1. What is your name?
I’m sorry, I can’t tell you that. Much like a lady never gives her age, a dragon never reveals his name. In the video game you kidnap royalty, torch villages, and search for gold and roast Knights.
2. What are your character’s motivations?
GOLD!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, did you say something?
3. Which of the activities mentioned previously burn the most calories?
Roasting knights burns ALL of their calories.
4. How does it feel to play a dragon as a hero rather than the villain?
Are dragons ever villains? I don’t understand the question.
5. Where do you store or hide the princesses once you kidnap them?
Princesses are excellent for conversation. It gets lonely being in your cave, sometimes. They also have quite a knack for arranging treasure to make it gleam and sparkle in just the right way.
6. Which condiments and side dishes do you serve when you roast Knights?
A side of wizard-chives and villager kebabs goes nicely with roasted Knights.
7. What do you serve for dessert, Smores?
8. How did you learn to navigate and fly?
There comes a time in a young dragon’s life, around the 5th century, when you have to fly away before your patriarch incinerates you. Every dragon knows when this has come, and it’s just a matter of flapping one wing in front of the other.
9. What’s your favorite body part? Least favorite body part? Why?
Any meaty part is my favorite.
10. How do dragons find love?
Gold piece by gold piece.
11. What kind of smart phone do you own? How’s the battery life?
What is a smart phone? Do they come in gold?
12. When you aren’t kidnapping, torching, searching or roasting what do you do to relax?
There’s nothing more relaxing than a good kidnapping. It’s very important to love what you do.
13. Favorite Video Game of All time? Which game genre do you prefer? Puzzle, strategy, time management, simulation, card, match 3 etc?
Favorite game of all time is HOARD from Big Sandwich Games, of course. It’s got strategy and action all rolled into one. Plus destruction. I like destruction.
14. If you were stranded on a desert island what celebrity would you want to be stuck with? Why?
Glaurung. He saw so much of the early days, and I would like to be a worm on the wall and hear what he has to say about our origins.
15. If you weren’t a character in a downloadable action video game what would you do?
I’d probably be doing the same things, but without all the accolades. Life would be sad without the achievements and badges.
16. What was your life like before you starred in video games?
Villagers were afraid of me, knights attacked me, princesses didn’t want to come near me. Pretty much the same, really.
17. How does a dragon define happiness?
They say size (of hoard) doesn’t matter, but I’m here to say it really does.
18. Have you ever researched your family tree?
While every dragon takes inner pride at his ancestral line, it ultimately matters only what hoard we personally achieve.
19. What kind of pets do you own?
I like kitty cats. Especially with ketchup.
20. What’s next for you?
I hear there’s a new town growing nearby. I’ll probably let a few generations come and go and then go make an appearance. Squeeze them for some shinies.
20. If there anything else you want to share with our readers about Hoard?
HOARD is available NOW for the PS3 and PSP, and can be pre-ordered on Steam. If you like fire, treasure and dragons – you’ll love it. And let’s face it, who doesn’t?
John Busher contributed the interview questions.