Perfect Dimension released Save The Pencil, an unoriginal puzzle game for iPhone/iPod Touch for $0.99. The game player must “Save the pencil” by connecting the dots, green to yellow to black to red, while avoiding obstacles like paper clips and rulers. Where’s the creativity?
Here’s the description from Perfect Dimension:
“The world could be about to change. The future of the pencil is in doubt. Your quest, to Save the Pencil, begins here! You are HB; young, sharp and full of lead. A pencil on a mission to join the dots but there’s a rebellion in the stationery cupboard! The paper clips, rulers, erasers and their friends are angry, and they’ll do anything to stop you. Guide HB to safety and collect the bonus stars to unlock more challenging levels!
Each of the 60 levels across 4 different chapters requires skill, logic and speed. Only the most precise tappers will be able to collect three stars on every level!
Save The Pencil Highlights:
• Fun, addictive gameplay with plenty of variety. Tap the dots to move HB safely through each level.
• 60 challenging puzzles across 4 chapters will keep you tapping away.
• Full Game Center integration, with chapter leaderboards and over 20 achievements to earn.
• Collect three stars on every level. Some may be simple, but others are perplexing!
• Regular updates providing new levels and new enemies.
• End of chapter bosses offer a unique challenge.
• Different enemies interact with gameplay in different ways. Dodge paperclips, avoid spinning rulers, race erasers, and more!
• All your favourite stationery characters in one game!
• Full Retina Display support.
In Save The Pencil, the player must join all the dots by tapping them. To be successful they must find the correct route and time their taps perfectly. Collecting stars adds an element of danger and challenge to each level, but these unlock new chapters in the game.”